Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Ultimate Compliment......


    Those of you that know me know that I shy away from compliments and being recognized for things that I do.  In fact,  it is kinda embarrasing to me.  But tonight is 100% different.
I read something tonight on Ashley's blog that brought a huge tear to my eye. I saw what I think is the ultimate compliment any Mother can receive.  She said  "I'm becoming my Mother."

Now don't get me wrong!!!!  I'm no one special and I make mistake on top of mistake everyday.  I know there are things that I did as a Mom that I would like to have a "redo" on.

But to here her say she is becoming like me.  
What mother does not what her child to reflect the things that she cherishes. 

Daughters bring so much joy to your life.

Our daughter brought me another joy tonight.

I love you Ash...you are an incredible daughter, wife, mommy and teacher!!!

~Janis  aka Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, this warms my heart. big time. I can think of no other compliment I'd rather hear than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mom! as daughters, we spend so much time trying NOT to become our mother's that we don't realize that we have already become them! but then we realize that becoming your mother is NOT a bad thing! mother's give life and care for that life and nuture that life....and what could be better than that?!?

    ReplyDelete