Wednesday, August 18, 2010

POLES, POLES, POLES, and more POLES!!

What?  I know that is what you are asking!  or  Janis has finally totally lost it!

No, I have not lost it.  I know exactly what I'm talking about and you will be saying POLES, POLES, POLES, and more POLES after you read and understand.

  David and I went to the first session of a marriage enrichment class last night.  The series is by
Charles Lowery.   YES, marriage enrichment class after almost 34 years....   You can always
learn something new about anything.   I learned about POLES.   I'm not talking about a telephone
pole, a billboard pole, a light pole.....OH NO I'm talking about the walking, talking, breathing type
POLES.  

STOP SHAKING YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW AND DON'T CALL THE LITTLE GUYS IN  THE
WHITE SUITS WITH THE STRAIGHT JACKETS!!

I have not lost my mind.  
POLES...you know those things that challenge you like situations in life, people, children, friends, neighbors, customer service reps.....  Do I need to go on?

Dr. Lowery gave an illustration last night of how we focus on POLES in our lives.

  His young daughter was learning to ride her bicycle in a very,very large vacant parking lot and was so worried about the one pole on the far side of the parking lot that she just could not keep her mind off of the one pole and she ended up smacking in to it.

POLES...don't we worry about the one thing in our life that we can't control and end up running smack into it.  SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!   How many times do we have to SMACK into a POLE before we learn.  

We all took a pledge last night, to let go of the things that we cannot control.   We can't control the POLES in our lives so let go and let GOD handle all the poles.   

Did you notice that in the last sentence I didn't capitalize POLES.  Well when God is in control they are poles and we will hear no smacking sounds.   When we are in control ....  POLES, POLES, POLES....
SMACK, SMACK, SMACK!!!

Take the pledge....let go and let God take care of the poles!


~Janis

1 comment:

  1. Oh janis, what a wonderful message! I'll bet if you took a poll, you'd see lots of people need to let God remove their poles. ;)

    So happy you are doing this wonderful class!

    ReplyDelete