Friday, August 13, 2010

Friends.....


I received a compliment from a friend tonight who has had a hard week.  She has no clue that I'm blogging tonight for her.  You see my friend had to make a hard decision this week.  She had to move her Dad into a retirement/nursing facility.  I've had to make the same hard decision for both my mother and daddy.  Having to take over the role of parent for your parents is hard, so very hard.  The compliment was that she asked me to blog because that always "picks her up".  

You know that I'm new at blogging and some days I don't have anything to share.  Well, tonight was one of those nights when I didn't have anything to share or so I thought until I read my friends request to blog.   She made me think about friends.  You see my friend and I don't get to spend a lot of time together but we have a connection, one of those special connections.  I can't really explain it but it is there.  I know part of that connection for me is that she loved my dear sweet daddy and my daddy loved her and her young daughter.  Another part of the connection for me is that I love this young daughter that has now grown into a beautiful young lady.  I mean beautiful....inside and outside.  What is her side of the connection...I don't know, maybe someday she will tell me and if she doesn't that is okay too because we are friends.

Friends....a rather small word that means so much.  I decided to  look at the definiton of friend on Dictionary.com which I shared below. 



    –noun



1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.


2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.


3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?


4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.


5. ( initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.


–verb (used with object)


6. Rare . to befriend.


—Idiom


7. make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.
 
 
Ahh...good old dictionary ......
all nice and number with the part of speech identified.  Well, my definition of friend is not all nice and numbered but it comes from the heart.
 
My definition of a Friend:
 
Always there for you.
Loves you whether you are pretty or not...I mean if you are sick and gross they still care about you.  I mean if you have been crying for days and are red and swollen they still care about you.
I mean if you are tired, frustrated, anger, upset, screaming, clawing...they still love you.
 
They love when you are high on the mountain and when you are in the lowest valley.
They celebrate with you when you succeed and listen to your broken heart when you fail.
They don't keep count of who called who are who texted who or whose turn it is to pay.
They see you at your worst but love you like you are at your best.
 
They tell you if they think you might be making a mistake.
They say "not so much" when you ask them if they like you new haircut.
They laugh with you when it might not be so funny because they know you want to cry.
They laugh with you and cry with you at the same time.
They get upset at those that have upset you.
 
They enjoying doing nothing with you but talking.
They enjoying sitting silently with you when you need silence.
 
They are willing to try to understand no matter what the circumstance may be at any given time.
They try to right a wrong for you.
They try to help you get thru all the wrongs that you endure.
 
They drink Diet Coke and eat Snickers with you.
 
Friends, I am blessed to have many.
 
Please take time to tell your friends that you love them.
 
~Janis
 
 
P.S.  Love you Lawana and Shelby
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment