Saturday, February 12, 2011

                                                      Valentine's Day 
                                    Thru the Years

Today's post is a walk thru my past Valentine's Days.

How many of you remember making these?
And how about these?





Anyone else willing to confess looking thru
your shoebox to see if your "boyfriend" had
put a Valentine in your box.  Or better yet
a special Valentine in your box. 
Anyone else willing to confess looking thru
your box over and over and over and making
sure everyone gave you a Valentine? 
Great Memories!!!!

How about this?
This was a MUST for Valentine's Day!!!
Looking thru the box finding just the right HEART
to give to your friends.

And of course at my house Valentine's Day
always meant one of these from my Daddy.

Another great memory.  You know, I still
love those little boxes of Valentine chocolates!

Then the teenage years.....
Some Valentine's Days were wonderful...
others not so much :(.
Gosh, glad those years are far, far behind me.

Then the years of Flowers and Chocolates....




David never forgot.  I loved them all.
He still would but I insist NO!
This year with both ourselves a new bird feeder!
Funny!  But we love it!!!

Valentine's Day is a good day to celebrate with
the ones with love.  And I'm definitely not bashing
Valentine's Day but I read something this morning
that made me think differently about Valentine's Day.


THE BEST VALENTINE'S GIFT

John 3:16 KJV



For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.



~Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment